Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

INSIDE MY KITCHEN: GRILLED GREEK OCTOPUS


Octopus is a mollusk that is common in Japanese and Meditteranean diets.  I know it looks overwhelming to cook but I assure you it is worth attempting.  You must tenderize the 8 arms and body before cooking.  I typically use a meat mallet and pound each leg one at a time for about ten minutes.  The secret before grilling the octopus is boiling it in court bouillon (french poaching liquid using wine) for 40 minutes.

I cant give you all my recipes.  HAHAHAHAHA.  But this marries sweet, salty, sour, and spicy in one bite.  When I cook I try to achieve full palate stimulation.  I want your taste buds to jump for joy.  So when cooking at home try working with 2 or more tastes.  You can never go wrong and I promise your guest will leave happy, wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment