Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

DID YOU KNOW: SEASONS GREETINGS


How great to be greeted by such a beautiful mixture of seasonal fruit from my local vendor?!?!  The minute I laid eyes on this case of flavor magic my mind went crazy...lucky for me I have A.D.D.  so I was able to keep up with my hundreds of thoughts as to what to do with them.

Let me tell you about what fruits are in season:
Apricots
Cherries
Mangoes
Tuscan Melon
Passion Fruit
Dragonfruit (one of my final ingredients on "Extreme Chef")
Peaches
Plums
Papaya
Golden Kiwi
Meyer Lemon
Pears
Lychees
Pomegranates
Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)

Here is what I did with a few of these seasonal delights - 

Filet Mignon Tataki with Cherry Salsa

Roasted Chilean Sea Bass with Kumquat and Cherry Pico De Gallo


Sambal Marinated Chicken Skewers with Plum Soy Glaze

Spaghetti Pomodoro (San Marzano Tomatoes) Parmesan Crema and Pesto Sauce

Deconstructed Goat Cheese Cake with Oreo Cookie and Graham Cracker Crumble, Passion fruit and Pomegranate Syrup


No comments:

Post a Comment