Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

DO NOT OPERATE A VEHICLE AFTER TASTING THIS POST: WHITE SANGRIA

Sangria is a punch made out of wine.  This summer time favorite is typically made with red wine, chopped fruit, and a sweetner.  You are more than welcome to use any fruit your heart or liver desires.  Using fresh seasonal fruit can take this punch to the next level.

Sweetners can include honey, sugar, syrup, and fruit juice.  

In my variation of sangria, I opt for a lighter version using white wine.  Red wine typically gives me headaches especially if I am drinking early out in the sun.  To me white wine is more refreshing on a hot summers day.  It also takes the flavor of the fruit faster.

To save time, money, and create instant flavor I use canned fruit cocktail.  Not only do you get the fruit needed for this adult thirst quenching drink but, you get the simple syrup that has the intense flavor of the fruit.  Its a two for one.  No need for sugar!

I use grapefruit to add a citrus note to the punch.  Club soda for a sparkling sensation on my tongue.  And of course a bottle of wine to keep me oh so happy.  I use a sweeter wine than what most use.  I prefer a riesling or muscat to a dry white.  But, hey...I am drinking for my taste buds.  If you dont prefer a sweet sangria, feel free to leave it out.

RECIPE:

8oz  Fruit Cocktail with Syrup
1ea  Grapefruit 
500ml  Club Soda
1 bottle  Muscat/Riesling Wine
Pitcher



First, you must open the can of fruit.  Careful not to cut yourself on the lid once it is cut.  Also, make sure to sever it completely from the tin because if you leave it on and throw it away,  someone may reach in the trash and cut themself.


Scoop the fruit cocktail into your desired pitcher, including the syrup that comes with it.  There are so many different canned fruits now...you are more than welcome to mix and match to create an amazing variation.


Slice the grapefruit into 1/4" slices...


Keep cutting...I just love this picture...


Place the slices into the pitcher on top of the canned fruit with syrup.


You are almost there...pour the entire bottle of wine into the pitcher on top of the mixed fruit.  If you wanted to make this punch just a little stronger...now is the time...Adult Additives include but, not limited to: calvados, brandy, apple liquor, chambord, triple sec, or even vodka...3 shots (6oz) is all you need to power up this Spanish thirst quencher.


Now for the sparkle...add the soda water...


Stir 5 times lifting the fruit from the bottom to the top...


Serve chilled...Can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.  If you would like to explore your mixology side...you can add herbs to garnish to bring a subtle hint of the garden to highlight the wine.  I added 5 sprigs of basil to the pitcher when I finished...Superb!!!


Be careful with it...it goes down so easy that it will hit you that much harder when you stand up.

No comments:

Post a Comment